Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

True Life Challenge: Take It To Him In Prayer

Php 4:5-6 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. (esv)


mp3 audio file



This week the Lord is speaking to me in the area of prayer. I recently had an issue arise in my life and the first thing I did was stop and pray. Within a short period of time my prayer was answered and the peace of God overwhelmed me. There has been another situation over the past 5 years that I have been praying for and it seems like nothing is happening. One day I seem to see fruit in this situation and then the next it appears to be just the opposite.

I am convinced that we need to take everything to the Lord in prayer. There is a song in which the lyrics say:

When it seams that not a friend on earth can understand,
When temptation comes to you from ev'ry hand;
When your strength is almost gone
and there's no one to care,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

I find it easier to come to the lord in these circumstances. But how much more difficult it is to keep coming when the answer doesn't come along with our petition to Him. Phil 4:6 instructs us to take everything to Him in prayer with thanksgiving. I think everything means everything in this verse.

Daily in Christ - True Life Challenge

Today's challenge is to begin to develop a fervent prayer life. Take time each day and often throughout the day to make your requests known to the Lord. Then, make it a habit to go before the throne often each day for your needs and the needs of others.

Developing a consistent prayer life is challenging. We have so many things pulling us in all sorts of directions. We often see prayer as something that seems pointless since it appears the answers never come. Or we just simply are too anxious about the concerns of life to take our requests to God.

My prayer for you today is that God will open up windows of hope in your life as you seek Him more fervently.

Blessings,
Keith


For a direct link to save audio file right click here and "save as."

2 comments:

KC (Talmid) said...

Thanks, Keith!
Very apropos for me right now.
Shalom, brother!
-- KC

Keith C said...

Thanks KC for visiting the blog.

I hope all is well. How can we be praying for you guys?

Keith