Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

True Life Challenge: Search Me Oh God...

Gen 4:7-8 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it." Cain spoke to Abel his brother. And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him.

Oh, how quickly we are ruled over by sin. This message reminds me today that sin is crouching at my doorstep and its desire is to rule over me. Cain is told by God that he has the opportunity to do well, and if he does, he will be accepted by God. God knows the condition of our heart even when we aren't expressing it on our fallen face the way Cain did in the previous verses. Allowing anger and sin to rule over him, Cain could take it no longer and his anger eventually ended in the murder of his brother.

What sin might be lingering in your life today? Is it crouching at the door waiting to pounce or has it completely taken over? Once we allow sin to rule over us, our intimacy with Christ is diminished as well as our genuine fellowship with others.

Daily In Christ - True Life Challenge

Take an inventory of your heart today and see where sin might have a stronghold. As the Psalmist did, ask Jesus to search your heart and see if there is any evil way inside of you. (Psa 139:23-24)

May you see Him brighter as you walk in His glorious light.

No comments: