Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Monday, January 3, 2011

Marriage Minute: Leave and Cleave... Becoming One Flesh

Gen 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his
mother and hold fast to his wife,
and they shall become one flesh. (esv)

What does it look like for a man and a woman to become one flesh? Have you ever heard someone say? "I don't care what happens in our life, I will live in a cardboard box if it means being with you forever." Every marriage starts out with wonderful intentions and then often times the conflicts and struggles of life cause the marriage to weaken and become fragile. Gen 2:24 tells us that a man shall leave and cleave. Leave the security, comfort, and love of his parents and hold fast to the woman he has chosen to become one flesh with.

How are you doing with that today? Generally the leaving part isn't so difficult, but the becoming one flesh certainly is. Eph 5 tells us that a man nurtures and cares for his own body and we are to love our wife as we would love ourselves. I think the same holds true for wives towards their husbands.

So in this marriage minute I want to encourage you in one thing as I am encouraged myself to do the same...

Daily In Christ - Marriage Minute Challenge:

Spend some time this week showing your spouse that they are as important to you as you are important to you! Work diligently on becoming the "one flesh" described in Gen 2:24.


May the Lord bless your marriage as you draw closer to Him...


No comments: