Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

True Life Challenge: Stay Awake!

Mar 14:37 And He *came and *found them sleeping, and *said to Peter, "Simon, are you asleep? Could you not keep watch for one hour?

There is a story in the Gospels that I am always amazed to read. Jesus is telling His disciples that He will soon be betrayed and then takes three of them to the garden of Gethsemane to pray. He shares with James, Peter, and John that His soul is deeply grieved to the point of death. (Mark 14:34) As He is crying out to the Father for the cup that is set before Him to be removed the three men who are to keep watch fall asleep.



Every time I read this portion of scripture I can only wonder if the men who accompanied Jesus really knew in their heart who this Man truly was. And then I begin to look at my life and wonder how many times Jesus asked me to watch and pray and I simply fell asleep.

Daily In Christ - True Life Challenge

Today's challenge is quite simple. Ask the Lord today to reveal to you the times that you have "fallen asleep" on Him rather than keep watch. Not doing what God has asked of us is sin. Be still and quiet before the Lord and I am confident the Holy Spirit will remind you of some things. When He does, ask for forgiveness and make today a new start in your walk of obedience with Him.

We serve a God of grace and love. If you read further along in the story (Mark 14:32-42) you will find that He had to wake the disciples three times... three! How many times has He reminded you to be obedient? (and me) God will always allow us to turn from our sin and start fresh with Him.

May the Lord bless you as you seek to be more aware of Him and His Spirit in your life.

Blessings,
Keith

No comments: