Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Monday, January 10, 2011

Marriage Minute: How Do You Speak Love?

We recently moved our office/study/everything room from the main floor of our home into the basement. In the process I had to carry many of the books that I have collected over the years and one of them caught my eye. It was a book that I picked up at a yard sale or maybe even the local thrift store. (I find lots of books that way and they are way cheaper)

If you have been a Christian for awhile you have probably heard of this book. It was a pretty famous book and made it to the NY Times bestseller list. It is Gary Chapman's "The Five Love Languages." Now I have a really bad habit of not reading a lot of the books I buy and this one was no exception. But after seeing the book it got me to thinking, "what is my wife's love language?" So instead of reading the book, or even opening it, I went to the website. There I found a really basic assessment and I took it. I discovered my "love language" and asked my wife to do the same. I was actually quite surprised. For many years I thought she was a physical touch/kind words kind of person but her main love languages are acts of service and quality time. We learned quite a bit about each other and had a lot of laughs in the process.

Daily In Christ - Marriage Minute Challenge

Here is this weeks Marriage Minute Challenge.

Spend a few minutes taking the love language assessment with your spouse. Once you have determined what form of love speaks to your spouse, then work on making it a priority to relate to them in this way.


May the Lord bless your marriage this week as you discover new things about one another.

Blessings,
Keith



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have also heard of that book, though I haven't really had the chance to read it yet.. I am single actually, but in the future, I also wish that I will find love be united through God.. someday :)

http://www.facebook.com/GODgivesusblessingsletsgiveHimGlory

Please like this page and spread the love of God. Thank you and God bless you always!!:)