Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Monday, January 17, 2011

Marriage Minute: Speak Gently To One Another

Mat 12:36-37 I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."


mp3 audio file


As I sit down to think and pray about today's Marriage Minute, I have to look at my heart and make sure I am right before God before I can even think about what I can say to others. And oh what a humbling thing that is sometimes. This week God has encouraged and uplifted me in many areas of my life. He has also brought one area to my heart that I want to share specifically with you on today's Marriage Minute. It is the area of communication.

Jesus tells us that we will be accountable for every careless word that we speak. Good and thoughtful communication is a huge factor when comes to being intimate in your marriage. I discovered again this past week, (and I say again because I am such a work in progress) that how I speak to my wife makes an enormous difference in how we relate in other areas. Kind and encouraging words generally equates to love and intimacy. Harsh and critical words cause our relationship more strain and the closeness we may have had just a few hours earlier can be gone.

Daily In Christ - Marriage Minute Challenge

This week I challenge you to consider the words of Jesus. Even if you disagree with something your spouse is saying to you, remember that we will be held accountable for the things we say to our spouse. Be patient and speak gently... Remember, a gentle word turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger. (Prov 15:1-2)


Sometimes it is quite difficult to speak gently when you feel you may have been offended. If you practice patience and calmness in your communication this week I am certain your spouse will see the difference in your heart.

I pray you will be strengthened as you speak kindly to your spouse this week.

Blessings,
Keith

For a direct link to save audio file right click here and "save as."

No comments: