Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Monday, January 24, 2011

Marriage Minute: Delight In One Another...

Pro 5:18-20 Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice in the wife of your youth. As a loving hind and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; Be exhilarated always with her love. For why should you, my son, be exhilarated with an adulteress And embrace the bosom of a foreigner?


mp3 audio file


Today's Daily In Christ Marriage Minute may be a reality check for some. A time where you are reminded to prune away some sinful behaviors and rededicate your heart to the one person God gave to you for the rest of your life. For others it may simply be an affirmation of a great blessing in your life, your love and affection for your husband or wife... These verses in the book of Proverbs affirm my God given love and devotion to my wife, and my never ending commitment to my marriage.



It grieves the Lord tremendously when a couple who have devoted themselves to one another find their marriage bed tarnished because of selfishness and sin. God has designed a perfect system for us to enjoy the fruits of marriage and we spend a lot of time and effort messing it up sometimes. God said it is not good for man to be alone and made a perfect specimen for him (Gen 2:8). When we selected our spouse we did so with the intent that we would keep ourselves pure and only devoted to the one He gave us.

Daily in Christ - Marriage Minute Challenge

Do you delight in your spouse the way you did from the time you first met? Are you still exhilarated by their love or have you been drawn to other things to satisfy your desires? I encourage you to make a firm commitment to not allow the temptations of other people, the lusts of the flesh, and the impure desires of your heart have any place in your life.

I pray today that you will delight in the wife (and husband) of your youth. Ask Jesus to be your strength and source of love toward your spouse.

Blessings,
Keith

For a direct link to save audio file right click here and "save as."

1 comment:

Kris said...

AMEN! and AMEN!! What a good reminder! It is so important to take time to delight in each other and take time to tell your spouse how much you love them.