Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Shout Out To Give

I am appealing to your heart's this morning and asking you to look deep inside of yourself and find out what you are really made of. I shared a video a couple of days ago of Sam and Esther, two starving and poverty stricken children in Uganda. They are only a glimpse of the struggle that many people in this world face each day.

As I shared this video I asked myself, "Keith, what is your cause?" I really couldn't answer that question. My family volunteers a few hours a month at My Father's House, a homeless shelter here in the Portland area, and we go to church. I have been involved with a few things here and there over the past 20 years, but there has never been a real burning to completely surrender all that I am for any particular cause. I believe those times are changing and look forward to what God is preparing for me and my family.

God placed a fire in my heart to do more after seeing these two children starving to death. So I am going to promote this project until it is seen complete. There is a place on earth that needs our help and some kids in a village that are hoping that you can give.

Please click on the picture below and donate. If everyone gives a little bit this project can be accomplished in a few short days.

Your generosity and sacrifice will be blessed.


Heb 13:14-16 For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come. Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name. And do not neglect doing good and sharing, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.

Here is a portion of a comment I received from Laurie Kroll yesterday.

"... Sam, Esther and Jane are three of more than sixty kids we serve there...providing meals, educational opportunities, medical care and love to children while they live not in an orphanage setting, but with extended family in their home villages. Sam, Esther and Jane are thriving. Our other children, who began their time with us over the last five years fearful, withdrawn and discouraged are happy, silly, brave and normal kids with big dreams!"....

With his richest blessings,
Laurie Kroll
www.village2villageproject.org
www.onevanonevillage.org
van project started by Milan Ford http://thepewview.typepad.com/

Please give...

Keith

No comments: