Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Have Been Crucified With Christ

As I was folding the endless mounds of laundry this afternoon I couldn't shake a scripture that kept rattling in my head. Any time a scripture just keeps running through my brain it is a good thing and this time seemed to be no different. It usually means God wants me to stop what I am doing and meditate on Him for a bit... So that I did.

I stopped folding laundry and cooked me up a plate of Lori's infamous leftover chicken enchilada's. After plopping on a spoon of sour cream and dousing them with my "use for everything" hot chili sauce I was ready to not only fill my spirit, but my belly as well.

Turning to Galatians 2:20 I continued to recite the scripture in my head again and again... I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. The more I meditated on this verse one thing stood clear to me today. I have been crucified with Christ.

I began to imagine what that would be like. The more I pondered on this the more difficult it became to even imagine. The bloodied beatings, the nails penetrating the hands and feet, the humiliation. It made me so thankful that I have a Savior who took the cross for me. One who bore the sin of all mankind..



Jesus gave Himself up for me. He knew full and well what He was accomplishing that day and selflessly sacrificed His body for my soul. And now I am asked to live my life for Him. I am honored and humbled to be called a follower of Jesus Christ.

Thank you Lord for your sacrifice for me... I do not deserve it.

No comments: