Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How's Your Heart Today?

Eze 36:26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

My oldest son and wife were having a conversation several weeks back about God. It was a good conversation regarding the heart. He mentioned to her that he never really felt one of those "God moments" in his life but really had a heart to desire Him more. He said he looks at some of the youth he grew up with in the church, and their heart for God, and he didn't really understand it so much. He asked her if she had ever had one of those moments and she was able to share a couple of them with him.

A couple of days later we found ourselves compelled to go to a Saturday night service at a large church a few miles from our home. It was the church my wife and I met at so we were familiar with its teaching and preaching, but we hadn't been there for a couple of years. But tonight seemed like the night to go.

My wife, two of my boys and a close friend of ours bundled up and piled into our Kia for a Saturday night we will remember for a very long time. They were performing a play that evening at the church, so the service was quite crowded. In fact, my friend and I had to stand for most of the service. The play was very enjoyable, but the message that was preached afterward was what changed my son's life.

The preacher spoke of God's forgiveness and redemption. He shared that God will be there for you regardless of the circumstances that you have gotten into and that He loves you just as you are. He spoke also of changing hearts and used the play as a great illustration of a man who had a change of heart. The main character in the play was Ebenezer Scrooge.

When the message was over and the crowd of people were exiting the sanctuary I could see right away that my son was experiencing one of those "God moments." His eyes were welled up with tears and he was needing someone to embrace him and encourage him and tell him that God loves him too and cares deeply for him. After a few minutes of tears and encouraging him we went down to the alter and found a man who is no stranger to difficulties who would pray for him.

Dr. Ted Roberts, the former pastor of the church sat with him for about ten minutes and prayed with him, encouraged and challenged him to be a man after God's heart. To seek God with all of his strength and gave him a gentle warning that the gates of hell with all of it's fury will be trying to take him back. Ted encouraged my son to write him and embraced him. Both men in tears.

It can now be said that my son has experienced a "God moment" that he had so eagerly longed for. God has taken his heart of stone and turned it into flesh. That night my son rededicated his heart to God in the same church he was baptized in many years ago.

Paul, on his way to Damascus in Acts chapter 9 had heart surgery too. Talk about a "God moment." He came face to face with our Lord Jesus and surrendered himself fully to God. It was a moment that changed his life forever and the lives of all of us who believe in His name.

Do you feel like you need heart surgery today? Cry out to Jesus right now and tell him... "Lord, please change my heart. Give me a heart of flesh and remove my heart of stone! I want you to be my Savior and I put my trust in you." He will forgive your sins and purify your heart.

Joh 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Joh 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

No comments: