Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Husbands Love Your Wives...

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, Eph 5:26 that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, Eph 5:27 so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

With Valentine's day drawing to a close, I began to ask myself, "Did I really do everything in my power today to show my wife how much she is truly loved?" I have never been a big gift giver and Valentine's to me seems like another way for the corporations to market their goods. I have read the history of Valentine's and I understand that it has been around for many years, but just like many of our holiday's, it has been taken over.

So this year I made a dvd for my wife. Nothing too fancy, just a photo slide show of pictures of her and her children and set it to some really good worship music. She really enjoyed receiving it and took it to work to show her co-workers... The only problem is that I am such an impatient person that I gave it to her a week ago. OK... I fell short this Valentine's day I admit it...

Now everyone is in bed and it is time for me to have my quiet time. I was reading through Ephesians and read about my role as a husband. To love my wife as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her. I wondered as I read this, "what have I given up for her lately?" I guess not a whole lot really. We both have busy schedules with work and kids and all of the other things going on. So this Valentine's Day I am making sort of a New Year's Resolution. I am going to really give more of what my wife needs in 2009 that I did last year. There, I said it... now I am committed.

I am going to give myself up for my wife and see what happens. I want to see her blossom to her full potential and this year with the Lord's help, I know she will feel like a Valentine each day of the year...

For me, this starts with Love....

I hope all of you had a fabulous Valentine's Day...


2 comments:

Paula said...

Keith, God will bless you and your marriage for your sacrifice of love. I hope you continue to rely on his strength to fulfil your vow. You cannot do it on your own strength. Love you, Paula

Keith C said...

Thanks Paula, I appreciate the encouragement :)