Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Monday, February 7, 2011

Marriage Minute: Looking Out For Number One!

Php 2:3 Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.

We live in a dog eat dog world. Around every corner there is someone or something lurking to trip you up. In business, school, and life in general it is important to look out for potholes that will knock us off of course. And it is especially important to look out for number one! And I am not talking about you... I am referring to your spouse.

In order to make your spouse number one in your life, this verse from Philippians tells us that it comes from humility. When we are looking out for our own interest first, it comes from a heart of pride. And, as we know, pride is an abomination to the Lord (Prov 16:5).

So what does it take to have a heart that puts your spouse first? Well, I am glad you asked... The first thing it takes is an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. True love must come from the vine. If we are learning to be more Christlike in our life, putting our spouse in the number one slot will come much easier. In order to do this we must spend time in the Word, in prayer, and in fellowship with other Christians.

Daily In Christ - Marriage Minute

Do you put the interest of your spouse over your own? I am not talking about being beat down and not taking care of your needs. I am talking about a genuine love for your mate that causes you to desire their needs over your needs? Today I encourage you to intentionally place a need of theirs over your own and discover the difference it makes in your marriage.

Blessings to you as you love like Jesus.

Keith

No comments: