Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Give Thanks: I Am Thankful For Reconciliation

Rom 5:11 And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.


mp3 audio file


Today I am thankful for reconciliation. I believe that regardless of your country of origin, race, or other factors, we all seek a relationship with God. Many cultures create different gods for different purposes. There is a god of love, god of earth, moon god, god of travel, god of war, etc... And then there is God. We try so hard to create ways to be right with the gods, often times missing the fact that God made a way for us to be right with Him.

Today I am thankful for reconciliation. Without reconciliation we would not be in God's favor. We would be lost, searching for our man made gods to satisfy the place that only He can fill in our life.

Many people believe to be reconciled to God you have to have your life together. You need to be free from sin, obey all the rules, and live in a way that is pleasing to God. But that is just not true. If we go one verse prior to verse 11 in Romans chapter 5, we see that Paul tells us "while we were yet enemies of God." (Rom 5:10)

God not only loved us when we were His enemy, but he also teaches us to do the same. He instructs us to love our enemies and pray for those who hate us. (Luke 6:27)

Daily In Christ - Give Thanks

Today I encourage you to thank God for the reconciliation plan He laid out for us from the beginning. Reconciliation to God comes through faith alone in Jesus Christ. I also pray that you will be reconciled to your enemies.

Blessings to you as you live like Jesus and learn to forgive those who have harmed you.

Keith

For a direct link to save audio file right click here and "save as."

No comments: