Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Give Thanks: I Am Thankful For Grace

Today I am thankful for God's grace. Being a person who has always strived to find value and identity in getting things accomplished, understanding God's grace was quite a challenge for me. I began my Christian life with an understanding that in order to get more of God's favor I needed to do more for Him. And on the flip side of that, I believed that if I was in a funk or not performing up to expectations that God would love me less... then came Grace.

The grace of God frees us from religious performance and allows us to be able to walk with confidence into His throne room. We can mess up and not be condemned. We can struggle and be forgiven. We can walk confidently, understanding that He will help us in a time of need.

Heb 4:16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Daily In Christ - Give Thanks

If you are stuck in a religious rut and don't understand God's grace, I encourage you to seek it out through prayer and reading of the scriptures. A great resource on this topic is a book by Timothy Keller... "Generous Justice"
Check it out.




Jesus didn't come to keep us in bondage, He came to set us free... Be free in His grace today and give Him thanks for it.

Blessings to you as you bathe in His glorious grace.
Keith

No comments: