Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Give Thanks: In The Midst Of Struggles

In a time where things sometimes seem out of control it can be difficult to see the good in life. Many of us are struggling financially. Some of our friends and family members are battling disease and illness. Many marriages are on the rocks. In spite of it all, we shall give thanks.

1Th 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

This verse in 1Thes 5 tells us that we should give thanks in all circumstances. Sometimes I wonder to myself if the Biblical writers knew what they were talking about. Did Paul have any idea of the things we would have to go through? Answer... yep!

Paul was no stranger to struggles and difficulties and in them he continued to glorify God. I think the key to giving thanks in all circumstances begins with perspective. When we are focused on the here and now and our own personal comfort we tend to have a more difficult time giving thanks in everything. However, if we can learn to follow Paul's example as he follows Christ (1Cor 11:1) we can develop an eternal perspective. When we start to see God as loving in all things and working each difficulty and struggle toward our good then we can start to understand how to give thanks in everything.

Daily In Christ - Give Thanks

Today I encourage you to be thankful. Even if it is a struggle, look around and start with the little things. God has put so many good things into our life. I admit, sometimes we miss them due to our own pain in our circumstances.

Blessings to you as you draw near to Him.

Keith

No comments: