Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

What I Am Thankful For

Col 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
Col 3:17 Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. (NASB)

During this Thanksgiving week I have given more time to my thoughts and prayers regarding the things I am thankful for. I am a blessed man, husband and father and am realizing it more and more every day.

Here are some of the earthly things I am thankful for:
  • My Wife (duh! of course I need to post this one first)
  • Kids. Not just my kids but kids in general. I love to watch and listen to small children and sometimes ask them silly questions that really make them think. It's fun to hear their answers.
  • The rest of my family. That's right, I am thankful for my entire family. As dysfunctional as we all are I am thankful for them all.
  • Laughing... I love to laugh. Sometimes I think I laugh at things other people don't find all that funny. And that makes me laugh even more.
  • Pasta. I am thankful for pasta, especially when it has seafood and white sauce mixed with it.
  • Technology. I can't imagine blogging with a rock and a chisel and trying to deliver a message by horseback... Or cooking over a fire and sleeping on the hard ground. Thank God for smart people and cool technology. Imagine life without thermal underwear and toothpaste and email on our phone and cruise control. Wow, where would we be without all that stuff.
  • My health. I am so thankful every day that I am in good health. I am amazed at the things I am able to do because I am healthy.
  • The sun. I wonder what life would be like without the sun. I love the sun. I wish it would shine bright every day to keep me warm and happy. The sun is awesome.
  • Inspirational movies. I am a sucker for movies that inspire. Some of my favorites include: The Man From Snowy River, Facing The Giants, Radio, Pride, Marry Poppins.
  • Female musicians. I love the sound of the human voice when it is in tune, but especially the female voice... Not sure why, just thankful for it. Especially Natalie Merchant and Enya. Not to mention Natasha Bedingfield, Mariah Carey, and Sarah McLachlan.
  • Money. Glad to have it when I need it. I wish it was easier to acquire, but I am thankful for having it.
  • Friends. Where would we be without them.
  • America, even though it is going to the dogs.
  • Our men and women who serve our country and protect us.
  • and so much more...
These are a few of the things I am thankful for this holiday season.

No comments: