Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Thursday, November 20, 2008

God Cares About My Plans

(Psa 37:4-6 Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light And your judgment as the noonday.)

Do you ever just sit back and asked yourself, "So, what is the plan anyway?" Have you ever began a project or started out on a trip and not had a plan? When do I turn left, what is the next piece to the puzzle, where am I going exactly...?

My wife and sit down frequently and ask ourselves the question. "What is the plan?" Since we are getting to the stage where our children are leaving the nest we are asking... "Now what God?"

I never imagined I would get to this point so soon, but the time is drawing near. When we read Gods word together we have the utmost confidence that God has a plan for our lives, is genuinely interested in that plan, and the plan is good. So, how do we find that plan out? That is our burning question.

I went to Gods word this week, which I do for most all of my questions about life, and came to some very helpful conclusions. The first and foremost is that God wants to give me the desires of my heart. God truly wants to bless me with the things that I desire and tells me in His word that He will do that. psa 37:4-6 tells me that when my delight is found in Him then my desires will be given to me from Him. What an encouragement that is.

Secondly, I found it abundantly clear that the plan He has for me is a good plan. (jer29:11-14) God loves me so much that He has a plan for me. I am not just a bystander in the kingdom of God. I know there have been days where I would ask myself, "why would the creator of the universe be interested in me or my plans and desires?" Well, the reason why is that He desires me to fulfill His purposes. And when I delight in Him, my desires are to also fulfill His purposes. So what exactly does it mean for me to delight in the Lord?

To me delighting in the Lord means to seek out my joy and happiness in and through Him. There are things in this world that give temporary satisfaction. A nice dinner, a beautiful home and maybe a trip to an exotic place. Great times and lots of fun. But once the event is over the memories of the event and the joys that it brought seem to fade right along with it. So we tend to strive to do more, acquire more, or perform better to become happy and joyful. When I delight in Christ I no longer need to find that perfect trip or next event to fulfill my joy quotient. And when I delight in Christ then the plans I make will be from Him and blessed by Him.

When I commit my ways to Him and trust in Him, He will fulfill my greatest desires. It gives me the freedom to dream big. With God all things are possible. I know that as my wife and I sit down and ponder about our daily walk with Christ, we can be assured that He has a plan for us, He wants to bless us with the desires of our heart, and He will bring us goodness and joy as we delight in Him.

As for me and my house...we will choose the Lord

Keith

No comments: