Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Trust In All Things

Pro 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding.
Pro 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. (NASB)


Trust is an amazing thing. God has a spectacular way of showing us His ways by trusting in Him. One of the blessings that come from trusting is an increased faith in the One we are trusting.

Several weeks back a homeless shelter we do some volunteer work for needed some fire doors for the new building they are building. The woman who started the shelter, a woman of great faith, decided to go out and purchase those doors. The total for the fire doors came to around $25,000 and would be needed to be paid when the doors were delivered two weeks later. She informed the board of her decision and the doors would soon be on the way. By the way, there was no money in the budget for the doors...

Thursday morning two weeks later the doors arrived. There were volunteers around to unload them and more later who came to install them. Shortly after the truck and crew unloaded all of the doors a couple pulled up into the parking lot and proceeded to enter the building. Since it is not operational yet, there are people wandering around and no one really there to staff the office. Thankfully they were able to approach the woman and discuss some things with her.

During the conversation they informed her that they were preparing for a year end donation to the shelter but felt convicted to give it to the shelter early. The donation was in the sum of $25,000.

When we are faithful God will deliver. Trusting in him for me means to step out in faith even if it doesn't make any sense. Even if the odds are against me, I know when He is calling me to trust and not fear. The hard part is actually doing it.

Psa 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.
Psa 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it. (NASB)

The Bible is full of promises that God is and will be faithful in my life. He tells me to delight myself in Him and to trust in Him and if I commit my ways to Him, He will do it. As I walk throughout this day I will commit my ways to Him and watch how He will be faithful to me in return.

Thank you Father God for your everlasting faithfulness. Thank you for allowing me to trust you and showing yourself trustworthy. You are an awesome God I pray that I can reflect your ways to those around me. Allow me to trust you more each day.

No comments: