Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What If... I Didn't Compare Myself To Others?

What if... I didn't compare myself to others?

Have you ever compared yourself with someones else? I am sure I can answer that one for you... of course you have! We all do it. What happens when we live a life of comparison rather than a life of satisfaction in who God made us to be?

Here are just a few reasons why we shouldn't compare ourselves to others:
  • Comparing to others causes a life of discontent and unhappiness.
  • Comparing ourselves to others makes us jealous and envious of their belongings or accomplishments.
  • Comparing ourselves to others can cause resentment and bitterness.
  • Comparing ourselves to others often causes stress and frustration.
So what if you were content in who God made you to be? What if you decided to forget about what was going on in others lives and thank Jesus for the things He has done for you? What if you found your pleasure simply knowing you are made in the image of God?

What if...

No comments: