Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Please Pray For Matt

There is a young man in Afghanistan named Matt. Not unlike many of the young men and women who are fighting across the ocean. Strong, courageous, loyal. A young man that a mom could be proud of.

I got a message from my sister last night requesting prayer for Matt. It seems that God has allowed this young soldier to fall into a difficult situation. Matt has been injured, damaged, broken down. Matt's legs have been blown off during his course of duty. His mother is a friend of my sister's and they are asking the Christian community to pray for Matt.

Please join me in prayer for Matt and his mother Claudia. I am unaware of their relationship with God, but God knows. I am unaware if Matt is going to make it, but God knows. And I am unaware of all of the details, but God knows.

Dear Lord, I pray for Matt. I lift him up to you today and ask you to reach down and heal his heart, soul, and body. Please show him your grace at this very difficult time. Be with Claudia and comfort her troubled heart. Lord most of all, draw them and the people around them closer to you during this time of tragedy. I know that through all things you desire your name to be glorified and we plead that you turn their hearts to you and allow this situation to work for their good and that it will ultimately bring you praise. In Jesus name we pray, amen.

Psa 29:11 The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.

UPDATE 07-08-09

No comments: