Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Saturday, May 14, 2011

I Can Never Mess Up Too Bad For God...

I spent about an hour tonight talking to a young man about his addictions. He is a college student and his major is theology and Biblical studies. For almost five years he was addicted to numerous substances and late last year he achieved victory over his addiction. Since that time he has enjoyed great fellowship with Jesus and the love and grace of God like never before. Until tonight...

You see, my friend used again today. He walked back into a life that he thought he had control over but unfortunately, it still has control over him. Addiction is a funny thing. Not funny - ha, ha. Funny strange. One moment you feel like a victor, the next you become a slave. (2Pet 2:19)

One major result he discovered today from using again was the absence of peace. He truly felt that God had abandoned him and that he lost his faith. I prayed with my friend, encouraged him to make a plan, and tried to show him that God will never abandon us. Even when we mess up!

How are you doing today? Do you feel like you have messed up so bad that God has abandoned you? Have you lost your sense of peace? Do you need to be reminded that Jesus loves you even in your mess ups?

I know I feel this way sometimes and it is great to go to the Word and be reminded of who we are in Christ.
  • God chose me from the beginning. Even before the foundation I was secure in Him as an adopted child: Eph 1:4-6
  • Even in my sinful state He loved me: Eph 2:4-5; Rom 5:8
  • I am His sheep. I hear His voice and I will never perish. Nothing can separate me from the Love of God. Not even my own sin: John 10:27-30; Rom 8:35-39
  • My justification comes by faith and not by works of the law. Even when I sin I am still saved and will not be lost: Eph 2:8-9; Rom 5:16-17
  • Even in my struggles God has intended it for my good and His glory. There is no scheme the devil can bring into my path that God has not meant for good: Gen 50:20; Rom 8:27-28
After much prayer, scripture reading, and asking of forgiveness my friend began to feel the peace and presence of God again. He was able to realize that God is the God of second chances. That this slip up was not going to keep him out of the Kingdom of Light and that he was able to feel the forgiveness of the Lord.

If you are struggling with sin in your life and have lost His peace I encourage you to read through the verses above and pray. Ask the Lord to forgive you for your mess ups and I assure you by His Word He will.

If you are feeling peace in your heart and are strong in the Lord then encourage a brother or sister in the Lord who is struggling. Pray and ask God to place on your heart someone close to you that you can call or visit and encourage them today.

God isn't surprised when we mess up. He loves us and will always be there to cleanse us from our sin and purify us in His righteousness.

Blessings,
Keith

No comments: