Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Joy Of Trials And The Testing Of Our Faith

Isn't it a common thing for most of us to avoid trials and difficulties at any cost? I see advertisements on magazines and hear radio programs telling us how we can make everything in our life better and how we can be so very happy in this world if we just buy the right product, take the newest pill, or wear the trendy clothes. Life is about more than pills, products, and clothes, it is about showing the world that we have a faith that stands the test of time and the way to do that is to endure trials of many kinds..

Does this type of "keep my life comfortable at all costs" thinking go against scripture? James tells us in chapter one of his book that we should count it all joy to face trials of various kinds. Sounds to me that trials are something that produces steadfastness and shows us that our faith is legitimate. And in addition to the testing of our faith it produces joy.

Jas 1:2-3 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.



So, what shall we do then, seek out trials to test our faith? Well, maybe... As we stretch out our Christian life to the point where we are beginning to put ourselves in situations that challenge our comfort zone I have found personally that God uses my vulnerability to bring Glory to him which produces joy in my life.

Let's look to find joy in our life today as we walk through trials with our heart pointed toward Him and our faith being strengthened by Him.

I am one of those who would rather sink with faith than swim without it. -- Stanley Baldwin

No comments: