Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Thursday, May 27, 2010

God's Steadfast Love Never Ends

Psa 106:1 Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!

Praise and thanksgiving be to the Lord. This first verse of psalm 106 expresses the character of God in such a magnificent way. He is good and His steadfast love endures forever.



God is good! There is a lot of talk out there in the world that God sits on his throne of justice and is waiting to bring wrath upon the people of the earth if they don't obey Him. There are many who say that they can't serve a God like that. This verse displays the goodness of God and his everlasting steadfast love quite clear.

Sometimes we pray to God for our children to be healed, our families to be restored, or our need to find work and we don't get the answer we are looking for. God is still good and His steadfast love will last forever.

Ponder on the goodness of God today. Ask Him to reveal it to you. Even when it feels like he might not be present in your current situation or you have reason to doubt whether or not He is answering your prayer, it doesn't change the fact that He is good. Our circumstances often create an image of God that is skewed. In difficulty, suffering, prosperity, and happiness... God is always good and always consistently God. All we need to do is look at the cross where Jesus took our place and we will always see his goodness.

Jesus, your Word tells me that you are good and your love endures forever, but sometimes it is hard to see it in my life. Please help me to see your goodness in every situation. In my hunger, in my poverty, in my adversity, in my success, and in my failure. Lord, I know that my emotions and circumstances change all the time and I am thankful that you and your love is consistent, unchanging, and always good. I praise you today. In you name I pray, Amen

1 comment:

Bob B. said...

As I was reading this I saw a charted diagram in my mind that had a straight line (representing Gods Love) running through an S shaped line which represents the highs and lows of our lives. His Love is always consistent and steady no matter where we are or what were going through. Praise you Lord for your great Love!!!