Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Skip About Like Calves From The Stall

Mal 4:2-3 "But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall. "You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the LORD of hosts. (nasb)

I really like this verse. I came across it recently in my Bible reading and I decided to not skip over it, but to ponder it for awhile. There are so many things I discovered as I read it over and over again. I tried to imagine what the prophet Malachi was visualizing when he wrote these inspired words.

First and foremost we are to fear the Lord. Proverbs 1:7 tells us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge. To fear God is to have a deep reverence for His Holiness, and those who fear the Lord, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. Jesus is the sun of righteousness (see Luke 1:78). He will come and bring healing. There will be no more suffering, no more calamity, and no more sin in our lives. He will become our righteousness before the one true God and we will be able to approach His throne pure and holy.

I guess for me the piece of this verse that is so intriguing it the part referring to the redeemed "skipping about like a calf from a stall." I really enjoy this mental picture. I sat back for a moment and imagined a small herd of well protected calves finally released from their fences that have kept them safe from harm for so long. Once they are let loose they dance about and frolic in the pasture of His glory for all of eternity. (not sure if my theology is fully correct but it is what came to my mind..)

As believer's in the Lord Jesus, we too will dance about one day. Soon and very soon the gates of Heaven will open up and we will be able to have a redeemed body, a new spirit, and spend all eternity discovering the excitement and joy of the place we will call home for ever... And best of all, we will spend it with our savior.

No comments: