Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Is Jesus A Prime Number?

My 12 year old son asked me today if 777 is a prime number. I told him that it was a prime number because it was only divisible by the number one and itself. He thought it to be quite interesting that it is the number associated with God and there is only one way to get to it.

Then he pointed out that 666 is considered the number of the beast and there are many ways to get to that number... Quite an amazing thing if you think about it. Jesus is the only way to God, but there are many ways to entertain the devil.

There are so many ways we can take every day things, such as prime number, and point them in some way to God. I believe that God, in his infinite creativity, has done this for our pleasure and fascination.

What things have you seen today that point you to Jesus? For me and my son it was the simplicity of a prime number...

May God show himself to you in even the most simple ways today as you seek after Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting indeed. Someone shared the idea with me that 666 was translated 6-number of satan 6 number of man and 6 millenium that satan will rule over man before God will destroy him and his angels.Interesting that Bible scholars believe that Adam and Eve were here about 6 thousand years ago and it must be soon that we enter the 7th millenium in which Jesus Christ will return to rule over the earth. Praise God and Come Lord Jesus Come!