Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Saturday, March 6, 2010

May Our Words Be Acceptable!

Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer.

Today I am reminded to keep my mouth and my heart acceptable in the sight of the Lord. James chapter 3 tells us that our tongue is a small member of the body capable of great destruction.

Jas 3:5-6 So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell. (nasb)



So today, let us keep our heart focused on Him and our mouth will not only be acceptable in His sight, but a blessing to others as well. Remember that James goes on to tell us in verse 8 that "no one can tame the tongue." Well, at least not without the grace of God... no matter how hard we try to keep from it, the tongue can perform such great destruction.

Lord, we ask today for your spirit to fill our hearts so we will speak words of encouragement and blessing to others and give you the praise you so much deserve.

No comments: