Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rejoice, You Are A Chosen People

1Pe 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
1Pe 2:10 for you once were NOT A PEOPLE, but now you are THE PEOPLE OF GOD; you had NOT RECEIVED MERCY, but now you have RECEIVED MERCY. (nasb)


I was studying in the book of Ephesians this evening and God led me to this passage in 1Peter. What a marvelous piece of scripture.

As followers of Christ we are:
  • God's possession.
  • A chosen race.
  • A royal priesthood.
  • A holy people.
  • Able to receive mercy.
  • In His marvelous light.
  • Out of the darkness.
So that we may proclaim the excellencies of
Him who has called us.


Lord, Thank you for choosing me before the foundation of the world. Because of Jesus I am a person of great worth and I know that you first loved me before I could ever love you. Praise to you today not because of what you have done, but because of who you are. I pray that I will continue until my last breath to proclaim your excellencies.

No comments: