Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Friday, May 8, 2009

Think About These Things.



Php 4:4-8 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (esv)

This is one of my favorite passages of scripture. It is filled with so much for us to hold on to. Rejoice in the Lord always... Not sometimes, not only when things are going well, but in all situations. And then to let your reasonableness be known to everyone. Be anxious about nothing, make your requests be known to God and His peace will guard my heart.

And then the things that Paul instructs the Philippians to set their minds on. Purity, loveliness, excellence, honor, etc... These aren't a list of do's but a way to be. When I meditate on these things then the ways of the devil have no place in my heart.



I encourage you today to listen to this passage of scripture and read it over several times and meditate on it. Ask God to reveal anything in your heart that might not be a way for to be. Being in Christ is about being and not doing. May we draw closer to Him today by being more like Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen and amen again. This scripture is surely filled much to swim or float around in. Thank you so much for this and may the Lord our God continue to bless you real good. In Jesus name.