Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Sunday, May 31, 2009

There Are Two Kinds Of People

We have all heard the phrase 'There are two kinds of people in life.' I was pondering this thought as I was running through the streets of the Seattle area this afternoon and it begged me to ask the question as to what are the two kinds of people this statement originally referred to? Coke or Pepsi, those who give and those who take, those who say my will and those who say thy will? It really has many different applications but there was one specifically that came to my mind this humid afternoon. Those who are going to Heaven and those who are going to Hell.

The more I applied this statement to those two choices the more sobering the meaning of it became to me. I was compelled to think about all of the people in my life who are unaware of their eternal destination and what steps I have actively taken to help them answer this question one day for themselves.

1Jn 5:11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.
1Jn 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life. (esv)

First John differentiates the two kinds of people that I was thinking about on my run. Those who have the Son and those who don't have Him. Those who have eternal life and those who don't. Those people who are going to spend eternity in Hell and those who have Jesus as their Savior and will spend all of eternity in Heaven. God has given us eternal life through Jesus Christ and if we have the Son, verse 13 tells us that we are to know that we have eternal life. To KNOW. Assurance that we have life abundantly forever.

What kind of person are you today? There truly are only two kinds of people. Whether or not you prefer Coke over Pepsi, comedy rather than drama, or you think life is about those who have and those who have not, the real comparison of the two kinds of people that has any significance at all is those who are saved and those who aren't.

Romans 10:13 For "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

No comments: