Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taking A Break - A New Creation...

I have been unable to write each day recently due to my overloaded work schedule. Unfortunately for me, that creates quite a hole since I really enjoy my time reading and meditating over God's Word. However, right now I have a 30 minute window to sit, pray, read, and write.

Earlier this week I encountered an individual from my workplace who has been known to not be a follower of God. He has similar struggles as many men of the world. Foul language, lust in the heart, independent spirit. You know the type. Many of us were there too. But this time I worked with him I noticed a change...

A few months back he was fired for a period of time. Now my work isn't like most. When a guy gets fired he gets paid job insurance and then comes back to work in just a few weeks or so. So during his time off he began to think about his actions and the events of his life that led up to his dismissal. In the time he was off he informed me that he has been renewed. He sees God for who he is and is now actively following Him and living for Him.

I was excited to get the opportunity for our many hours together to communicate what I understand to be true about Jesus and the gospel. We talked about marriage, struggles, joys, and blessings. Inside of this guy whom I actually tried to avoid previously, I saw a changed heart.

2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

2Cor 5:17 tells us that if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation. I experienced this firsthand this week. Sure, he still steps outside to fire up a smoke every hour or so and several f-bombs slipped out of his mouth, but I see a transformation in his heart that can only come from Christ.

Here is the lesson I learned from this week.

No matter how impossible it may seem for God to transform a persons heart, all things are possible with God.

This week I encourage you to be open about your faith with others. Had I not mentioned the name of Jesus in a conversation I am sure we would have not talked about his transformed life and I would have missed out on an opportunity to be blessed by seeing God's hand working.

Enjoy your week...

Blessings,
Keith

As for the weekly devotionals... Hopefully next week is the beginning of a little normalcy and I will be back on track.

No comments: