Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Made Alive In Christ

I overheard a radio program while I was in the gas station the other day. I am not fully certain what the program was or the topic for that matter, but what I did hear was two people talking about homosexuality and that God will come down and judge people who are homosexuals. My very first thought was that God will actually not just limit His condemnation to homosexuals, but He will judge the entire world and those who are in Christ will be saved from His condemnation.

This got me thinking as I drove away from the station. "Is this the message I want to share in my life to and/or about the sin of homosexuality." My other thought was, "What does the Bible say about this?"

I think it is really easy for Christians to condemn and throw out phrases such as 'you are going to go to hell for this or that' or 'God is going to get you.' But is that the message we want to send? Do I want to go around condemning the world or loving them. I heard a quote one time, "No one has come to Jesus because they lost the argument." We can spend all day trying to convince a sinner of their sin and for the most part it will be an exercise in futility. People know when they are doing wrong and if they don't it isn't our job to convince them of it. Let the Holy Spirit do his job and we should do ours...

Does God hate sin? Absolutely He does. Here are just a few verses that talk about this:

Joh 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

1Jn 3:8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

But more than God's hatred of sin is His love for his children:

Rom 5:7-8 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Eph 2:4-8 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved-- and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Even when we were dead in our sins Jesus died for us. That is the message I want to share.

Blessings...

No comments: