Welcome To Daily In Christ Devotionals

Psalm 119:10-11 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not
wander from your commandments! I have stored up your
word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Come by and see our complete Updated Website
www.DailyInChrist.net

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Living By His Strength

Isa 41:10 'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' (NASB)

There is something amazing about a physically strong person. To become strong, one must continually work out the muscles, eat proper nutrition, and dedicate much time to the pursuit of strength. It is considered by many to be a noble undertaking. There are all kinds of ways to describe strength in a person. Moral strength, emotionally strong, or even someone who has strong character traits.

But what about our spiritual strength? What does it take to be spiritually strong? Spiritual strength is quite similar to physical strength in that one must exercise the spiritual muscles daily and keep them fit. Prayer, Bible reading and fellowship are as important to our spiritual strength as daily workouts and proper nutrition are to our physical strength. But what happens when we just can't go on in spite of our best efforts? When we become weak and tired and held down by the burdens in life? Or even beaten down by sin and disappointment. God gives us His strength.

Isa 40:29 He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Isa 40:30 Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly,
Isa 40:31 Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. (NASB)


Regardless of our circumstances, God will sustain us in our trials which will allow us to resist the temptations of Satan and the corruptions of our humanness. With His strength in our souls, we are able to perform His duties, resist temptations, exercise grace, withstand corruptions, bear afflictions, suffer persecutions, and do His great and mighty work, according to His will. If God is our strength, then we need not be afraid of any persons or things.

Ask God for His strength today as you go about your business. Consider for a moment what your day could be like if you just relied on Him rather than your own efforts. He will never fail you, He will never let you down, He will never leave you hanging...

Psa 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (NASB)

Do you believe God can strengthen you today? Just ask Him to...

Lord, thank you for your everlasting strength. I know that if I try to conquer my battles or get through my day alone I will grow weary and fail miserably. The anxieties that come from relying on myself are too much to bear. Please Lord, give me your strength and help me to see your mighty hand working in my life.

No comments: